2019 LOBUCHE PEAK CLIMBING
Duration: 19 days
Accommodation: Hotel + Lodge+ Tent
Minimum Group size: 6
Grade : Hard
Maximum altitude : 6119m
Walking per day: 5 – 6 per hour approximately
Everest Base camp trekking + Lobuche Peak climbing is Interesting Trekking with 6119 meters Peak climbing experience in Mount Everest region inside the Everest National park with huge Mountains panoramic views.
we recommend this trip to enjoy with cool environment inside the Everest national park to gaining the Mountaineering and trekking experience and knowledge.
The Lobuche peak consists of two different summits, via. East and West with heights of 6,119 m and 6,145 m respectively. A continuous ridge connects them but there is still a sharp gap and a considerable distance between them. The East Peak is recognized as a trekking peak, whereas the West is known as an Expedition Peak.
Lobuche being an attractive mountain offers various existing routes and also a potential for new ones. The dark triangle of its rocky East face rises over the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier to a spectacular skyline, forming the south ridge.
The peak of Lobuche East is reached by descending a marked notch and climbing steep snowy slopes to the top. On most occasions, the mountain is climbed on the summit ridge only as far as a subsidiary snow summit, southeast of the true peak and before the notch. This peak is identified as the false peak. Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa made the first ascent to Lobuche East on 25 April 1984 although there are possibilities that others have reached the summit before. But no records are available.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft): trip preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft) then trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 40 min flight, 3-4 hours trek.
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft) : 5-6 hours .
Day 05: Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft) : Acclimatization.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 5- 6 hours.
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 5-6 hours.
Day 08: Dingboche: Acclimatization.
Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 5-6 hours.
Day 10: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/17,594 ft).
Day 11: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft] and back to Lobuche (4940m/16,207ft): 7-8 hours .
Day 12: Lobuche to High Camp (5,400m/17,712ft): 3-4 hours.
Day 13: Lobuche High Camp to Summit (6119m/20,070 ft) and back to High Camp: 8-10 hours.
Day 14: Contingency/reserve day.
Day 15: Lobuche High Camp to Pangboche (3930m /12900 ft): 8-9 hours.
Day 16: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar: 4-5 hours.
Day 17: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6-7 hours.
Day 18: Fly to back to Kathmandu
Day 19: Final departure to your hometown.
Note: Trekking itinerary might be modified due to mountain weather change reason
Is it this expedition for you?
The member should have prior 5000m+ trekking/camping/Climbing experience and also has a sufficient physical condition.
1. Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 night’s hotel 3 stars in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu
4. Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) to climb Lobuche Peak, Sagarmatha National park & TIMS permit, conservation entry permit & fee.
5. Garbage Management: Garbage Deposit fees.
6. Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and climbing.
7. Map: Trekking and climbing map.
8 Member transportation: Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
9. Climbing Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
10. Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
11. Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and EBC. Well-managed Labuche high camp set up for member & Staffs.
12. Porter: Porters (2 members: 1 Porter) up to Base camp and High camp from Lukla & Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
13. High camp service: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for member, all climbing and cooking crew. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
14. Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porter’s daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
15. High Camp equipment: All camping equipment such as Kitchen Tent, & all necessary cooking gears.
16. Light: Necessary light at Dinning tent and Kitchen tent.
17. Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide. 1 Sherpa to 2 members.
18. Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food and Clothing.
19. Oxygen Bottle (O2): emergency Oxygen bottles will be in the group in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
20. Oxygen Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of Summit Oxygen mask will be in the group in case of an emergency.
21. Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating each others on the Mountain
22. Comprehensive Medical kit.
23. Certificate: Lobuche Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Lobuche Peak successfully).
24. Chinese group leader from China with English-speaking.
01: Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
02: Nepal entry Visa fee.
03: Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
04: Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
05: Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
06: Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
07: Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
08: Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
09: Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
10: Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for one climbing Sherpa $300 USD.
11: Tips: Calculate some tips for Base camp staffs.
12: Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
13: Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
Camping: Sleeping bag (comfort rating -10°C)
Clothing:Waterproof jacket , Waterproof overtrousers, Down jacket,Raincoat, Fleece jacket and trouser, underwear, Hiking boots, socks, Waterproof gloves, warm hat, sunhat
Bags: Backpack 60 L +, Small bag 30L, Luggage pack 150L(optional)
Drinking: Thermal mug（1L）
Accessories: Hiking stick, Gaiters, Sun Glass, Headtorch with batteries, Washbag, Sun protection, tissue paper
Climbing boots, Gaiters, Crampons, Ice axe(Long), Harness, Helmet, Ascender, 4 Carabiners，Daisy chain or climbing rope( 2m length&7mm diameter)，Prusik rope ( 60 cm length& 5mm-6mm diameter), Descender
Inquiry - application documents - down payment- trip ready
Registration Deadline: March 15th 2019
The down payment 5000CNY should be made and full payment will be paid by 15 days prior to the start date; the payment refound will not happen due to member personal reason after Day1
Tel/Whats-up：+86 186 1613 8822